A major automotive parts supplier is looking for a Vehicle Systems Engineer who has a proven background in advanced simulation and prediction of vehicle systems, sub-systems, technologies, new complex systems, and new concepts.
Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Provide leadership in vehicle simulation at the system architecture level (through knowledge of electric vehicle powertrain and auxiliary systems)
- Perform vehicle system level modelling and generate numerical models using 1D simulation tools (GT-Suite and Matlab/Simulink)
- Define vehicle performance dimensions and characteristics for benchmarking
- Link performance and efficiency requirements to system/component level targets
- Working alongside the lead sub-system model developers and component model owners to develop, update and issue vehicle, powertrain, and system interaction models.
- Perform vehicle and sub-system model validation and calibration based on test data, generate technical proposals for system level assessments and create Layouts. These are crucial to drive requirements through simulation for specialized test setups.
- Responsible for creating and updating vehicle models, coordinating new & updated subsystem models with model owners. Manage multiple fidelity model libraries.
- Conduct DOE studies by utilizing optimization tools, on vehicle models to meet performance requirements
- Evaluate, through simulation, competition technology (this includes electrical and thermal systems and components)
- Provide objective evaluation of new concepts through sub-system and vehicle level simulation. This includes knowledge of standard drive cycles, especially those pertaining to BEV’s.
- Preparation of concise reports with clear recommendations for stakeholders and customers
- Accountable for effective technical project tracking to achieve annual objectives
Knowledge Base (not limited to)
- Min. 6 years’ experience in the automotive or related industry
- Demonstrable experience in system simulation in an Automotive OEM or 1st tier development supplier – or equivalent
- Proven ability to tackle new problems with a strong physics background and ability to come up with novel solutions
- Academic background in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering and BEV relevant industry experience, with experience and track record associated with vehicle simulation
- Passionate about automotive and topics such as electrification, thermal management, cooling system concepts, vehicle powertrain and numerical simulation
- Full vehicle simulation exposure, practical knowledge an asset also. (Working understanding of mechanical, thermal, and electrical systems, sensor systems, ECUs, and how they interact with an automotive system)
- Strong CAE tool knowledge (GT-suite, Matlab/Simulink, Altair HWU HPC core tools)
- Strong knowledge of automotive BEV and HEV systems and components
- Strong fundamentals in electrical circuits, thermodynamics, and heat transfer
- Experience with component and system versioning and model library management
- Experience with requirement tracking and simulation coverage
- Working knowledge of system and vehicle testing and ability to work in collaboration with test team
- An understanding of statistical analysis with strong ability to apply to decision making
- A solid understanding of modern engineering test techniques, from simulation coupling, to advanced modern testing HiL/SiL tools – would be an asset.