The role electronics play in EV’s cannot be overstated. Our client growing its electronics and controls team rapidly. They need an innovative and driven team lead who wants to build not only products but a team that can deliver on big goals and in record time. They have advanced concepts in battery pack, BMS, energy recovery and fast charging that we need your help to deliver to the market with great speed and greater quality. They are going to change the EV landscape and help the environment while doing so, if this sounds like a movement you want to help lead, this is the role for you.
Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Join a highly capable team to develop industry leading smart products for electric vehicles
- System level ownership of embedded software design
- Collaboratively create and drive software development roadmap
- Collaborate with mechanical, hardware, and controls engineering teams to successfully design, validate and manufacture innovative new products.
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient, reliable, and reusable code
- Lead debugging of issues and solve problems when they arise
- Implement continuous improvement and best practices within team and larger organization
- Leading and participating in the design, analysis, and execution of all technical aspects of electronic products / projects which meet or exceed the hardware requirements.
- Developing and training internal team members to ensure consistent application of proper software engineering discipline throughout the product development cycle
- Leading design and development for manufacturability, understanding electronics manufacturing processes, and ensuring product testability.
Knowledge Base (not limited to)
- Degree in Software Engineering or Equivalent
- 3+ years industry experience in developing and debugging embedded software, written in C/C++
- Automotive experience preferred
- Deep understanding of embedded systems and microprocessors and software architecture
- Experience in ARM-Based MCUs
- Experience with Real time operating systems
- Experience with communication protocols (UART / I2C / SPI / USB / Ethernet / CAN)
- Experience with Python is beneficial.
- Experience with Git-flow are beneficial.