A world class manufacturer who is developing industry leading smart products for electric vehicles seeks a motor controls specialist.
Today our client’s focus is on moving the EV revolution forward. Be part of a high performance, fast paced and innovative team that is focused on a sustainable future and developing technologies that get us there sooner. They have a nimble organization structure and a lot of room for talented people to experience all aspects of what it means to bring ideas to life.
The role electronics play in EV’s cannot be overstated. They are growing the electronics and controls team rapidly and need an innovative and driven team lead who wants to build not only products but a team that can deliver on big goals and in record time. They have advanced concepts in coolant pumps that support energy recovery and fast charging that need your help to deliver to the market with great speed and greater quality. They are going to change the EV landscape and help the environment while doing so, if this sounds like a movement you want to help lead, this is the role for you.
Knowledge Base (not limited to)
- Minimum B.Eng. with experience and track record associated with advanced simulation
M.Sc., or M.Eng., is a bonus.
- Min. 3 years’ experience in the automotive or related industry.
- Demonstrable experience in electric motor controls simulation and development
- Experience with PWM schemes including space vector PWM, sine PWM and discontinuous modulation schemes.
- Basic knowledge of embedded firmware development in C to implement the control algorithm compliant with automotive (eg. MISRA) standards.
- Knowledge of modern motor drive system analysis and evaluation.
- Familiarity with sensorless motor control algorithm is a big plus.
- Passionate about automotive and topics such as electrification, thermal management, cooling system concepts, vehicle powertrain and numerical simulation
- Very good CAE tool knowledge (GT-suite, Matlab/Simulink, Other 1D tools)
- Good knowledge of vehicle systems, practical knowledge an asset also. (Working understanding of mechanical, thermal, and electrical systems, sensor systems, ECUs, and how they interact with an automotive system)
- An understanding of statistical analysis with strong ability to apply to decision making
- A solid understanding of modern engineering test techniques, from simulation coupling, to advanced modern testing HiL/SiL tools