The position of Mechanical Designer will assist the mechanical engineering team in the design and implementation of robotic automation systems in the injection molding industry. The right candidate will possess a keen sense and great interest for mechanical and automation systems. The Mechanical Designer ideally would have excelled in mechanical, electro-mechanical, automation, and CAD design courses at a post-secondary education level.
Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Work closely with the Quoting/Mechanical/Automation Controls/Procurement/Service teams to design, and support automation cells in the plastics injection molding industry
- Assist and/or generate automation cell layouts, detailed drawings, shop drawings, BOMs, material selection, and technical documentation packages (Such as user manuals, spare parts lists, etc.)
- Participate in the selection, sizing, design, and implementation of pneumatics, induction and servo drive systems.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Some travel may be required.
Knowledge Base (not limited to)
- Post-Secondary education – Completion of College or University in Mechanical Engineering/Design including Mechatronics, Industrial, and Electro-mechanical disciplines
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience as a Mechanical Designer
- Extensive experience in SolidWorks, (Both 2D and 3D)
- Injection Molding knowledge is an asset.
- In Mold Labelling knowledge is an asset.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset