A world class manufacturer who is developing industry leading smart products for electric vehicles seeks a design technical specialist.
Today our client’s focus is on moving the EV revolution forward. Be part of a high performance, fast paced and innovative team that is focused on a sustainable future and developing technologies that get us there sooner. They have a nimble organization structure and a lot of room for talented people to experience all aspects of what it means to bring ideas to life.
The role electronics play in EV’s cannot be overstated. They are growing the electronics and controls team rapidly and need an innovative and driven team lead who wants to build not only products but a team that can deliver on big goals and in record time. They have advanced concepts in coolant pumps that support energy recovery and fast charging that need your help to deliver to the market with great speed and greater quality. They are going to change the EV landscape and help the environment while doing so, if this sounds like a movement you want to help lead, this is the role for you.
Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Join a highly capable team to develop industry leading smart products for electric vehicles
- Development of new axial flux motor products for applications such as electric water pumps
- Cascade of specifications from system to components. Derive product requirements and designs from specifications
- Use of advanced simulation software to drive product specification creation and design loops
- Definition, execution and documentation of detail design, analysis, computer modeling, specification releases, test planning/ reporting, and failure analysis
- Conduct and apply automotive processes, best practices and alternative approaches to optimal electrical drives, hardware, and software.
- Collaborate with mechanical, hardware, and controls engineering teams to successfully design, validate and manufacture innovative new products.
- Support cross functional teams.
- Implement continuous improvement and best practices within team and larger organization
- Leading and participating in the design, analysis, and execution of all technical aspects of mechatronic products / projects which meet or exceed the hardware requirements.
- Leading design and development for manufacturability, understanding electronics manufacturing processes, and ensuring product testability.
Knowledge Base (not limited to)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering with specialty in Mechatronics. Higher education is preferred.
- Minimum four years of work experience in a product design/development capacity
- Strong knowledge of electromagnetic analysis and thermal analysis of electric motors using simulation tools.
- Experience with Altair simulation tools such as FLUX & HyperStudy is an asset
- Experience with axial flux motors is an asset
- Experience with PCB design is an asset
- Strong organizational and communication skills required to work in a team environment
- High level of analytical ability, understanding engineering theory and principles of design
- System function testing of mechatronic products is an asset
- Great team player and communicator