Job Location: Toronto (Ontario)
A major automotive parts supplier is looking for a CAE Engineer who has a proven background in analysis, data management and modelling.
Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Contribute to and lead the development of Digital Twin platforms for different applications, from component level to vehicle level systems
- Provide leadership in connected vehicle simulation, vehicle level simulation of sensor-based product features and control strategies, ADAS, sensor fusion and distributed big data technologies that drive simulation
- Build data pipelines for the model to interact with physical testing or Digital Twins, which contribute to model calibration
- Work with advanced test and development teams to collect required data to create a Data Lake and to support model correlation and calibration process
- Organize and manage the data lake to maximize the value of data in its different forms, including sensor raw data and simulation results.
- Use available software or build tools for automating co-simulation loops and software integration, within and across platforms (Windows desktop, Linux HPC).
- Contribute to the optimization of pre/post processing workflows, collaborative platforms, modelling strategies across different R&D locations.
- Build metrics to demonstrate progresses for data value and workflow improvements.
- Responsible for deploying and managing analytics and visualization tools. Design IoT systems to communicate and move data between products, models, and Cloud.
- Develop and implement new modelling strategies/methods to accelerate development
- Preparation of concise reports with clear recommendations for stakeholders and customers
- Accountable for effective technical project tracking to achieve annual objectives
- Continually evolve core simulation competencies as the state-of-the-art changes and as technology requirements change
Knowledge Base (not limited to)
- Academic background in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical /Automotive Engineering, and BEV relevant industry experience, with experience and track record associated with vehicle simulation
- Passionate about automotive and topics such as electrification, thermal management, cooling system concepts, vehicle powertrain and numerical simulation
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, and scripting (Python).
- Experience in maintaining and working large datasets.
- Experience with real-time programming of embedded platforms and their operating systems
- Track record in deploying prediction models into real world environments
- Experience with handling real-time sensors relevant to Autonomous Driving is an asset.
- Expertise in MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, and model-in-the-loop testing
- Experience with electrical systems, sensor systems, ECUs, and their interaction with an automotive system
- CAE tool knowledge (GT-suite, Altair HWU HPC core tools)
- Strong knowledge of automotive BEV and HEV systems and components
- An understanding of statistical analysis with strong ability to apply to decision making
- A solid understanding of modern engineering test techniques, from simulation coupling, to advanced modern testing HiL/SiL tools – would be an asset.