Our client is a high-precision, value added processor of stainless steels and special metals for a wide range of difficult-to-manufacture, niche-market applications.
Our GTA (Toronto area) location requires an experienced Steel Service Centre Director with a proven track record of leadership and commercial success, who will oversee all branch activities. The Director will be responsible for leading a diverse team of people in a wide variety of roles as well as interfacing with customers and vendors alike. The overall responsibilities include warehouse, sales, operations, and administration.
Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Establishing, communicating, and ensuring the implementation of commercial strategies, plans and policies required for the efficient, cost effective achievement of business and profitability objectives.
- Directing a team-oriented workforce to achieve and/or exceed employee and customer satisfaction business and profit objectives.
- Collaborating with sales personnel on sales forecasts, product and customer standards and requirements.
- Collaborating with other senior leadership team members in the deployment and implementation of the Company’s continuous improvement program and goals through LEAN.
- Developing and recommending annual operating budget by performing ongoing analysis and review of business performance and expenditures.
- Implementing systems which provide an ongoing review of warehouse operations, inventory and equipment utilization
- Functioning as the senior escalation point in the investigation and resolution of customer satisfaction and/or quality matters.
- Assessing staff performance strengths and development needs.
- Collaborating with the management team in the creation of training plans to develop or maintain the skills necessary to meet position requirements, industry standards, and to evaluate staff promotability.
- Participate in the ongoing development, and implementation of Quality Assurance programs and ISO standards.
- Participate in the review and determination relative to all equipment and capital expenditures within the warehouse arena. Solicit, review, and recommend purchases, vendors, suppliers, and partnership relationships.
Knowledge Base (not limited to)
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role preferably within a steel service centre environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business, operational, sales and financial strategies, plan and programs that foster the achievement of organizational objectives.
- Must possess effective communication skills; verbal, written, presentation and intermediate skills with MS Office; Proficiency with Project Management and ERP systems required.
- This position requires strong leadership, influencing, analytical and decision-making abilities, negotiation and project management skills.
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge of raw materials (ferrous and nonferrous materials).
- Experience promoting a lean environment and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership and direction to subordinate managers and staff.